Sometimes a large batch of domains needs to move from one registrar account to another.
We refer to this as a bulk internal transfer and this operation is scheduled and executed by the CentralNic customer success team.
What do we need to schedule this?
- A definitive list of domains.
- Registrar handle of the losing registrar
- Registrar handle of the gaining registrar
- Target date and time for the transfer (please allow ample lead time)
What is the procedure to schedule this?
- Open a ticket with the Customer success team including the required information
- CentralNic will request written confirmation from both the losing and gaining registrar in order to comply with ICANN's confirmed transfer policy
- Once both registrars agree to the transfer, list of domains, and date and time, we will schedule the transfer
- The transfer will be executed at the agreed date and time
- Confirmation will be sent to the Registry Operator and the involved registrars.
How will this affect billing?
- Open billing items with the losing registrar will stay with the losing registrar
- New billing items will belong to the gaining registrar
- No renewal will be forced on transfer
What will happen to the contacts?
As part of the transfer, we will clone the contact details on the to-be-transferred domains so that the gaining registrar has ownership and control over the contact details on the domains.